Thursday, August 02, 2007

Whee! New tiller!

OK, so I didn't take any photos during the race tonight.

We had a fun race, with the usual crew J.R., Lee, Janel, and Derek joining Joyce and me, and after a very light wind start, the breeze filled in and we rounded the course (DWSES) before sunset. Schock Therapy was the RC and did a nice job. J.R. took over steering after we reached the first mark, and I got to be crew for most of the race (although I reclaimed the helm when it was time to do the very real post-race work of stowing the sails!)

Tomorrow I need the boatyard to haul my boat and remove the folding prop, to send it out and have it refurbished, so after a nice post-race sail, we came in after dark and parked the boat in the haul-out well for an early AM hauling. Before leaving, I snapped the photo below of our brand-new tiller:

Hey, not every blog entry is going to be a gold medal winner!

2 Comments:

At 8/09/2007 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bob...nice site. Enjoyed reading your sails and tales while goofing off at work.
I'm a fellow sailor in Westbrook.
Joy www.joyridecharters.com

 
At 8/19/2007 7:44 PM, Blogger CT Bob said...

Hi Joy! Thanks for the nice thoughts. We just got back from a week sailing today - Block Is. and Mystic Seaport. Hope you're enjoying this wonderful weather we've been having!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home