Sunday, July 25, 2010

Thursday 7/22

A lovely night, with an 8-10 knot breeze offshore, meaning we got to sail on flat water, which is always nice.

Tracy (in blue) joined us tonight. Tracy was a classmate in the CT Film Industry Training Program that I attended last month. You can read about it on my filmmaking blog, futuredv.com.

Kari and Pale Rider going upwind to "N". The wind started getting light, although we kept moving well even after they shortened the course.

Joyce steered later in the race, and Janel and Derek shared grinding duties with me.

Okay, this is starting to get out of hand. No more self portraits, I promise!

But I'll always have sunset photos. Eventually I'll have to do something about those dust spots on the CCD. I'll either send it out for cleaning, or get a new camera. Because the dust isn't on the lens, it's actually somewhere inside the camera.

Oh, and we were motoring back around sunset, and we were just outside the breakwater when the yacht club cannon went off, causing Joyce to jolt nearly off her feet. It never gets old.

3 Comments:

At 7/26/2010 11:32 AM, Anonymous Jonathon S. said...

Seems like a great race, and I for one, appreciate the sunset pictures!

 
At 7/26/2010 6:29 PM, Blogger CT Bob said...

Thanks Jon!

 
At 7/26/2010 7:27 PM, Blogger Baydog said...

Bob, as is your wont, you posted an updated pic of yourself. No complaints. I love how people race on weeknights. When I grow up, I want to do the same. I suppose I need to live a bit closer to the bay however.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home