Monday, September 13, 2010

Thursday 9/09

The season is winding down, but with the 6PM start time we gain a little more daylight for a while.

A breezy night, with winds approaching 20 knots out of the NW. The offshore wind kept the waves from building, making it a fast night. We used the #2 genny and full main.

"Spirit" is framed by a sunset sky.

Chad is back on the boat, helping with the genny trim. He showed up with flip-flops, but because it was so windy I insisted he wear my old sneakers. After about 10 minutes he got too grossed out to continue (they were really old sneakers) so he borrowed my water shoes, which were incrementally less grotesque.

The crew hiked out on the windward leg. We heeled more tonight than any time this season. The cabin looked like it had been hit by a tornado; everything that wasn't nailed down took flight.

Just the usual spectacular sunset. I'm gonna miss these when the season ends.

1 Comments:

At 9/17/2010 11:07 AM, Blogger Doc Häagen-Dazs said...

Can I borrow your crew who shoots the photos? I can never get a hand free!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home