Friday, October 05, 2007

Last Thursday race of the year!

Last night was the final Thursday race of the season, and the weather was warm with a light breeze.

We sailed light tonight, with Derek, Janel, Joyce and me only. Janel and Derek got to do some winch grinding during the race. We performed well when the breeze was up, but when it dipped below 4 or 5 knots, we really started struggling.

The race continued until full dark, even though the course was only WS3, but with the light conditions, combined with the early sunset, we crossed the finish line aided by the flashing yellow lights Larry Welsh put on the RC boat and starting pin.

The balmy weather looks like it'll hold for the weekend, so Joyce and I are going to squeeze in one more weekend at PJ. Here's a few pre-race photos:



2 Comments:

At 10/08/2007 7:45 PM, Blogger Nicoline said...

Hi Bob,
I read your sailing blog every week..I sail/race with Stefan and Ine on Pale Rider every week. In fact I found my job party through checking your site every week. From your site I went to CTBlogs and there I found the blog from my current employer; Creative Concepts. A company that uses blog for marketing and PR purposes....funny how things can go in life. I have a blog too, still partly in Dutch though, but with some nice sailing video's on it; deenusa.blogspot.com. So, thanks Bob, for the nice pictures and impressions! Keep on blogging,
Nicoline Deen

 
At 10/12/2007 10:44 PM, Blogger CT Bob said...

Thanks for the nice words, Nicoline! I'll take a look at your blog.

This sailing season went by fast! I can't believe it's October and basically over.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home