Thursday, August 18, 2005

"At least nobody got killed"

Sometimes, everything that goes on in a race is absolutely perfect. The wind is ideal, we have a great start, the crew work is awesome, and we take the gun at the finish.

Tonight...well, tonight that didn't happen.

I'll try to ignore all the terrible and horrific details, and focus instead on all these wonderful positives:

1) Lightning DIDN'T strike us.

2) We DIDN'T collide with a nuclear submarine.

3) A gigantic meteor DIDN'T fall from the sky and obliterate all life on Earth as we know it.


See? I can be a positive person. Don't ever accuse ME of being negative, no sir-ee!

Aw, I'm just kidding. We had fun. Really. Take a look at these fun pictures.

Look at the sun. Nice, huh? Fun, too.


Tim and Pete are having fun. Can't you tell?


Isn't that a pretty sunset? I'm telling ya, it's FUN!


Tim, me and Paul are having fun on the rail. Sure, it might look like we're beaten down and depressed by the events of the race, but you're just being silly if you think that.

The moon was fun, too. And after dark, when our motor didn't start, we had a FUN tow back to the dock. I've always wondered what the phrase "going from insult to injury" meant. Not anymore.

Of course, I'm kidding. We really did have fun tonight. And there was a lot of really good pizza and chicken wings at the yacht club after the race. That WAS fun.

We'll do better next time I'm sure.

(hopefully I'll be away on vacation before Teri reads this!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home